Visit the home of more than 1,000 rare and endangered species of animals on a fun family day out to Edinburgh Zoo.
Head to Penguin Rock and watch these lively birds swim, dive and relax in their large outdoor enclosure. The famous Penguin Parade is one of the must-see sights at Edinburgh Zoo. You and your family can get a little bit closer to the zoo’s colonies of Gentoo, King and Rockhopper penguins as they take a walk around the parade ground with their keepers.
The zoo is also home to the UK’s only giant pandas, Sunshine and Sweetie. On your visit, why not take a walk around the interactive Budongo Train to see the chimpanzees or see if you can spot the Sumatran tigers as you explore Tiger Tracks? Edinburgh Zoo runs a daily programme of talks and hands-on feeding sessions so you and your family can learn more about your favourite animals.
We recommend you plan your day out before you arrive so you don’t miss the opportunity to see all your favourite animals. With enclosures spread across 80 acres of landscaped parkland, there’s plenty to see and do. View the full park map here
Edinburgh Zoo is open year-round, only closing on Christmas Day. It runs a rolling timetable of seasonal opening times. Some enclosures, including the Wee Beasties and Koala Territory exhibitions do have restricted opening times. Please see the information boards at the zoo entrance for more information.
Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
E tickets vouchers must be shown upon arrival at Edinburgh Zoo.
Tickets are valid for the 2020 season.
Tickets are non-refundable.
* For Health and Safety reasons children aged 15 or under must be accompanied by a responsible person aged 16 or over at all times.
* Edinburgh Zoo is located on a hillside so we recommend that visitors wear comfortable footwear.
* Some of our indoor enclosures / attractions may open later than the stated opening time and may close 30 minutes prior to the Zoo's stated closing time.
* Dogs are not permitted into Edinburgh Zoo as they can cause stress to some of our animals. We only permit guide-dogs for the visually impaired.
* For the safety of other visitors and our animals, we reserve the right to refuse admission to any visitors under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
** Eligibility for concessions:
Full time students only with valid student ID - ID provided must have a valid expiry date
Young Scot cards
Unemployed person with proof, such as a letter from DSS or a post office card
Senior citizens, aged over 60
Blue badge holders